The 4×4 exhaust system is responsible for directing fumes away from you and your passengers, controlling the noise your vehicle makes, keeping your fuel consumption as low as possible, and ensuring that your engine performs the way it’s meant to.
Perth's Trusted Experts in 4x4 Exhaust Upgrades
Those are all very important roles, and if you have a 4×4 or any other vehicle, you want to make sure its exhaust system is working efficiently. One way to do that is to have regular checkups performed, and another is to have your 4×4 exhaust system upgraded.
As Perth’s experts in 4×4 and 4WD exhaust system upgrades, we can improve the aesthetics and performance of your vehicle.
Benefits Of An Upgrade
An upgrade creates a more efficient path for gases to escape, this allows your engine to “breathe” better and can help with issues like sputtering.
With an upgrade, more fuel and air are burned resulting in more power for your vehicle.
If you like a vehicle that sounds loud and powerful, an upgrade can help deepen the sound yours produces to a growl.
During an upgrade, pipes can be replaced to create a more direct pathway for your airflow.
You can have your exhaust system replaced with a sturdier system that won’t break down as quickly.
These are just a few of the benefits an upgrade could bring you. Check with our qualified mechanics to discover what an upgrade could do for your vehicle.
What's The Difference Between A Factory 4x4 Exhaust System And An Aftermarket Upgrade?
When it comes to an exhaust system, there’s the factory model and the aftermarket upgrade option. You might be wondering what the difference is between the two, so let’s go over some of the important distinctions.
- Aftermarket systems are considered “better made” than what comes installed at the factory.
- Aftermarket systems allow you to remove speed restrictions.
- The pipes in an aftermarket system are larger, allowing more air to flow through.
- You’ll have more horsepower with an aftermarket system than a stock system.
- Because stock systems come standard, they have no customisations like what you can find on the aftermarket.
The main difference between stock and aftermarket exhaust systems is that aftermarket systems allow you to customise your exhaust for your specific needs. Whether you’re a weekend adventurer, or just want a little more power, you can benefit from an upgraded system.
Do You Need A Single Or Dual Exhaust System For Your 4x4?
A 4×4 can come with either a single or dual exhaust system when you pick it up from the factory. When you’re headed in for an upgrade, you may wonder what the difference is between the two and whether or not you should switch to one or the other. To help you make the decision, let’s go over the pros and cons of each.
Pros And Cons Of The Single Exhaust
- A single exhaust system is quieter than a dual exhaust system.
- Single exhausts are more affordable.
- A single exhaust is lighter, so this is a great option if you’re concerned about the weight of your vehicle.
- A single exhaust produces less power.
- A single exhaust doesn’t perform as well as a dual exhaust.
Pros And Cons Of The Dual Exhaust
- A dual exhaust system produces more power.
- You’ll have reduced back pressure with a dual system.
- The dual system is louder and has a more powerful look to it.
- Dual exhausts keep turbocharged systems cool.
- A dual exhaust system will be more expensive.
- Dual exhaust systems often don’t last as long as their single exhaust counterparts.
Knowing the pros and cons of each system can help you make the decision that’s best for you, your wallet, and your vehicle.
Booking An Exhaust Upgrade
You can get a whole host of benefits from an upgrade, so it’s worth looking into what it could do for your 4×4. If you’re ready to schedule an upgrade, you can contact a technician to improve your 4×4 performance exhaust in Perth.
Book an Upgrade Today
If you want the best 4×4 exhaust systems in Perth, book an appointment with our experienced team. We’ll unlock the true potential of your vehicle.